Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fantasy Football: The Kindle Way

Football season is upon us once again. There is not a day that goes by where I don't hear someone talking about their upcoming Fantasy Football draft, wondering why on earth Brett Favre is playing for the New York Jets instead of the Green Bay Packers, or speculating whether or not the New York Giants will triumph once again. I, too, am excited about the upcoming season knowing that I now have the NFL Network as part of my Dish Network package so that I can watch football pretty much whenever I want. And, I am just as excited about College Football as I am the pros. So again, what the heck does this have to do with my Kindle? Well as a matter of fact, quite a lot. I am constantly looking for ways my Kindle can help me keep in touch with my hobbies and interests, and my love of football is no different.

Did you know that you can subscribe to several Kindle edition blogs including ESPN - Bill Simmons, NFL: New York Giants, Giants 101, ESPN - The Fantasy Report, ESPN - The Football Playbook, or NFL: Fantasy, Bruno Boys Fantasy Football for just $0.99 per month? Or, you could choose to subscribe to FOX Sports - NFL for only $1.99 per month. There is no doubt in my mind that these Kindle blogs would put you at the top of your Fantasy Football League, while helping you keep up with all of your favorite teams, coaches, owners, and players.

Now you may be asking, why on earth would I subscribe to these blogs via my Kindle instead of just logging onto my laptop to check everything out. Well, here are a few reasons why.
  1. Your Kindle only weighs a little over 10 ounces and can be easily shoved into a purse, pocket, backpack, or any other bag, while you usually don't have a laptop that is that lightweight or easily pocketed.
  2. These blogs are delivered automatically to your Kindle for you to peruse anytime at your leisure, without being in a Wi-Fi spot or using any kind of laptop connect technology.
  3. It is a whole lot nicer to be able to read up-to-date information while waiting in a doctor's office instead of reading a copy of Sports Illustrated that is 6 or more months old. I think you get my point.
And, if you are new to Fantasy Football, there is a Fantasy Football For Dummiesto get you going. It really is a lot of fun even if you are just starting out.

So, if you haven't gotten yourself a Kindleyet, these are just a few more great reasons why you should. And, don't forget, you are saving trees and helping the environment by doing so. Happy Kindle Reading!

No comments: