Sunday, October 19, 2008

Working Out With A Kindle

I continue to be amazed at the places I see people using their Kindles. Today, I diligently went to the gym again in my quest to lose those few, or maybe more than a few, pounds that have crept up on me as of late. Typically, I attend a spin class or body pump class, both of which I highly recommend, but being a Sunday afternoon, neither class was offered so I opted to pay my dues to the workout gods on the Elliptical Machine. At the gym, all of the Cardio machines are hooked up to the bay of 8 big screen TVs so that you can at least entertain yourself while your heart rate is racing for the stars. Much to my amazement, there was this guy a couple of machines down from me that had his Kindle sitting on the built-in book rack on his Elliptical Machine. He was plugging along with his exercise routine and reading his Kindle all at the same time. I was duly impressed and thought I would share with you one more example that indicates the Kindle is invading our lives slowly but surely. Think about it...a great Christmas present coupled with a New Year's resolution could find you reading your Kindle at your local gym in early 2009!

No comments: