Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Musical Kindle

Lately, when I read about what people have to say about the Kindle, I constantly see new books available from Amazon.com, articles written about how there is a new version of the Kindle in the works, and how schools are promoting the Kindle as the next best thing for reading textbooks (What's In Your Backpack?), but I haven't seen a lot about its musical functionality.

I know when I was in college (and even now), I often listened to music while I read or worked on projects. The neat thing about the Kindle is that it not only stores books, it can store music too. So, if you have your textbook loaded on your device along with some supercharged educational enhancing music, there is no way you can fail. And, you don't have to have more than one electronic device to serve both functions, which is another nice feature.

If you need some help learning about the musical capabilities of your Kindle, I found a great blog offering some fantastic ideas. It's called Light My Kindle. Look for Tips and Tricks #8 and #9, Putting Music on Your Kindle and Maximizing Your Kindle Music Player, as well as other great information.

Don't forget to constantly explore the functionality of your Kindle and use all that is has to offer. If you don't have one, you should get one. If you have one, you have made a great investment, so use it!!!! Happy Reading and Listening!

No comments: